We are in Beijing! I will tell you all the details about what an amazing trip we are having, but 1st the most important news... We got 2 more pictures of Abbie today!!!! She has grown so much! Her hair is so thick that I maybe able to give her real pigtails! We fly to Hunan tomorrow and get her the next day!
We began our 1st day in Beijing with a ride on a rickshaw! It was amazing! The driver pedaled around potholes through the back allyways of Old Beijing. We made our way to courtyard surrounded by "houses." We visited one of the homes and had tea with the resident. All of the homes in the courtyard belonged to his family- 3 generations all together. In the center of the courtyard there was a square pit used to heat coal to warm the homes in the winter. It is so difficult to explain this entire experience. It was so unlike anything we have ever seen before!
This morning we began our day with a wonderful breakfast at the hotel and then a Holt meeting. We received our updated photos at the end of the meeting. Then we all went to lunch in the hotel. We had a delicious Chinese lunch. Next we went to the Temple of Heaven and then Tiananmen Square. We ended our day eating with a group of our newest friends at TGIF!!! Hamburgers...YUM!!!! We are having a great time getting to know everyone in our group! We are definently making some new friends for life! We are still trying to get over the jet lag! It is 8:30pm and I am ready for bed! Goodnight!

4 comments:
What does "Ni Hao" mean? And you two look like the weather is cold in Beijing. Glad you are having such a wonderful time and making new friends. Rest now when you can. Can't wait for Monday.
Me-Mommy
I know I don't even know you that well, but I know several people who have adopted from China so I feel like I sort of know what you are going through. I am sooooo excited for you three! Having a child is sooooo amazing and will change you life FOREVER! Please take some time to just sit in the bathroom alone today because this will be one of the last time you will be alone. Yes, they follow you into the bathroom! Nothing is off limits to your child :) Enjoy your journey and I can't wait to read more and meet little Abbie!
Tracy McKinney (from woodland!)
So happy for you guys! We love you and are praying for you. Can't to hear about Got Ya Day!
Love the Pressley's
P.S. - Missu and W. Vir. lost - DAWGS have a slim shot at the BCS!
Thanks for the updates. It's so great to share in the excitement with you. Can't wait till tomorrow. Much love to you all!!
Post a Comment